Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Humorous Example

When the issue with Professor Ward Churchill began, a couple of years ago, I saw a cartoon in a local newspaper portratying Churchill dressed in flamboyant Indian attire in front of a class, giving a lecture on plagiarism. This is funny because the fact that Churchill claimed his Native American ancestry when there are only traces of Indian heritage in his geneology. It is also funny because Churchill had recently been investigated for plagiarism, so he would never be allowed to give a lecture on how to avoid plagiarism. The artist of ths cartoon was exaggerating the issues at hand, making them funny. I think that I might go about writing my humor piece in this same way. I do not know what media I will choose, but exaggeration will most likely be the best way to make this situation humorous. There are a lot of possibilities for this, especially because Churchill recently filed a lawsuit against the University of Colorado and won, 1 whole dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment