Saturday, February 21, 2009

Research Process

Throughout the research process I found ample information for my topic, the media portrayal of Michael Phelps, before and after his drug use incident. I found sources that portrayed Michael with god like qualities right after the 2008 Olympic games. Other sources describe him in a more human light after the incident without tearing him down. There seems to be as much support for Michael as there was before because I believe the media has been doing their best not to taint the image of such a popular, heroic figure in the minds of people all across the United States. I will also be using Michael's official statement as one of my sources. 
Because Phelps is so popular, there has been plenty of media coverage for me to analyze in this paper. Despite the volume of articles and sources, there is little diversity amongst them. Most of the opinions are similar and are showing support for Michael, mostly because of his apology rather than denial of his actions. Continued research should be interesting as I write this paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment