Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Possible Topic for Letter to Editor

I am looking to write a letter to the editor about the current law suit going on in Boulder, CO between Ward Churchill and the University of Colorado at Boulder. This is connected to the community of Boulder because of the influence of the university in the community. Boulder is very much a college town and most residents have some sort of connection to the university, whether they are a student or a community member working in a business near campus. I am connected to this topic in a couple of ways. I am from Boulder and was around when the original allegations were brought against Churchill. My brother is a student at CU and my grandfather is a former president of CU. Boulder is a very opinionated place, so chances are, most people have an opinion on the issue. Being a student myself, my environment is also connected with the issues of academic misconduct, First Amendment rights and other issues surrounding professors and students. I don't think I will have a problem finding op-ed pieces on this issue, as the law suit is progressing daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment