Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Preparation of Body Paragraphs

Through the process of preparing two body paragraphs for class I have found multiple uses of the same rhetorical strategies. Both of the articles that I used to develop my paragraphs used arguments appealing to the ethos of the reader. They use quotes and view points from credible and trusted corporations or groups to show that Michael Phelps can still be trusted and that we as the public can accept his apology and move on. Both of the articles that I looked at were trying to play off the matter and wanted to give the general public a way to move on from this issue. They want us to accept his apology and forget about the event to prevent more damage to Phelps' now frail image. Both sources also use quotes from Phelps' himself and from his biggest sponsors which allow the readers to feel like they are getting first hand information, which is more trustworthy than hearing it from another source. 
I found that the preparation of the paragraphs was difficult at first but became much easier and understandable as I got into the actual writing process. It was getting started that gave me some trouble. I think this is because of the new style of analysis and writing that we are utilizing, in opposition to the traditional research paper. I was hoping to balance actual information with analysis and speculation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment